#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
We currently have an opportunity for an Underwriter to join Strata Unit Underwriters located in Mt Gravatt. Strata Unit Underwriters (SUU) is a subsidiary of CGU Insurance Limited and a leading provider of quality insurance products associated with strata title and similar type schemes within the Australian insurance market. We are skilled and experienced strata insurance professionals as specialists in our field, and our objective is to excel in all aspects of strata. SUU has a friendly, supportive and collaborative work environment, where talent is actively recognised and developed.
In this position you will be responsible for evaluating and underwriting policy renewals, endorsements, cancellations and risk management within delegated underwriting authorities. This position will require you to have an excellent phone manner and strong communication and relationship building skills. You will also have an adaptable and holistic approach to your individual work and broader team.
* Accurate and timely processing of renewals, endorsements and cancellations
* Assessing risk recommendations
* Preparation and maintenance of policy information
* Handling of general phone and email enquiries as required
* Maintain and support relationships with customers including, internal and external stake holders
Skills & Experience
* Strong analytical, negotiation and relationship management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication; as well as exceptional customer service
* The capacity to efficiently manage your time and work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Previous experience in commercial underwriting is advantageous.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.