#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
As a Data Risk Analyst, you would assist with the transparency and awareness of our risk environment to help secure and protect IAG data assets across the entire life cycle of data.
You will ensure controls and designs across the life cycle management of data, are appropriate and fit for purpose when aligned to data classification, ethical use of data, privacy legislation and company policy.
This role will work closely with the Customer Labs, Data team who are responsible for building a single, enterprise data hub and are at the forefront of data activities – including the latest technologies and driving the next-generation of a data-driven IAG.
* Promote the embedding of risk in business operations and proactive risk management culture
* Support the coordination and execution of risk management processes
* Validate risk reporting and ensure timely incident management reporting and escalation in line with feedback from key SME's and stakeholders.
* Facilitation of risk processes relating to projects and initiatives
* Support key assurance activities within the division, including assessments by wider risk, compliance, cyber security, internal and external audit stakeholders
* Drive and support remediation plans associated with key assurance activities
* Drive and develop proactive internal assurance plans in agreement with key internal stakeholders
* Conduct control testing activity in accordance with assurance and remediation plans
* Support internal data governance and information management teams when engaging stakeholders - such as Technology Risk, Group Legal, Group Risk, ICT Procurement teams.
* Track and manage reporting across operational governance registers – including new governance requests, new project engagements, data sharing processes.
* Record incidents, assurance outcomes, remediation actions in relevant risk and incident systems system
* Track remediation actions and follow-up action statuses with action owners
Skills & Experience
* 2+ years of experience in Risk Management Frameworks and Data Governance (Graduates with few years of experience are welcome to apply)
* Able to work autonomously and maintain effective communication across different business, technical and risk teams with varying levels of risk and governance knowledge.
* Detailed and process-oriented by nature, with the ability to provide pragmatic advice in a dynamic environment.
* Strong business analysis skills
* Familiarity with privacy regulations and privacy engineering best practices would be desirable
* Experience with security controls and solutions to drive technical conversations (highly regarded)
* Familiarity with insurance industry concepts and regulations would be beneficial
* Tertiary degree in Information Technology/Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline
* Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Tableau would be highly regarded
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.