Our client is a major construction contractor who is delivering on some of the Victorian Governments major infrastructure projects.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sustainability Advisor to champion diving sustainable outcomes throughout the projects activities and solutions. This role can be offered flexibly and is a great opportunity for somebody looking to get back into the workforce.
In this role you will
- Provide Sustainability advice, guidance, support and/or mentoring to the wider project team and functional managers to facilitate design, construction and completions contributions to the projects sustainability performance during design and construction.
- Manage an Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) rating process and obtain a design and as-built rating of at least 65 and meet the project sustainability objectives.
- Oversee the identification and assessment of sustainability initiatives to achieve net positive benefits for the environment and community and embed requirements that are consistent with technical design solutions.
- Monitor progress with sustainability targets and inform the Delivery Managers of any required actions.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in area of sustainability, environmental science, natural resource management, community relations, engineering or related field.
- Detailed knowledge and appreciation of current sustainability issues and skills in strategy development, systems approach, stakeholder engagement, performance management, project management, training & communication, benchmarking, auditing, data verification / non-financials, business case.
- Have a strong commitment to the safety promise of “Home Without Harm”
- Be a permanent resident of Australia.
Our client values diversity and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply, this includes parents returning to the workforce, people with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For a confidential discussion please contact Debbie on 0421 028 807.