Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a GIS/Database Analyst that plays an integral part in our approach to take ownership and pride in the networks we manage. This role will support the Asset Management team across the ANZ Roads business to align operational needs with GIS solutions to improve efficiency, safety and reduce costs.
- Import and update the Asset Registers of multiple network data sets
- Maintenenance of the GIS portion of the Asset Management System
- system design of geospatial projects to allow visualisation of the Asset Register and programmes
- contribution to system engineering, training and software processes
The primary aim of this is to increase knowledge of the current and predicted performance of network assets to refine work programmes. This will ensure the safety of the road user and support the effective and efficient management of resources, and achieve the targets and goals set by the ABS (Joint Venture between Broadspectrum and Amey program).
Some of the key responsibilities and deliverables are:
- Champion the GIS and Database activities throughout the ANZ Roads Business
- Work with the Asset Management Team to identify, analyse and build new GIS solutions to improve efficiency, safety and reduce costs
- Query, analyse and interpret data, from different database types to provide the Asset Management Team the information it requires to develop best whole of life solutions for network assets
- Update Asset Register with new network data from multiple collection sources
Required Skills and Competencies
- General Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in system engineering, technical ICT role or geospatial systems development
- Knowledge of client’s design procedures, codes and specifications together with effective Quality Assurance
- A good communicator who has well developed listening, oral and written skills
- Is a strong team player; has worked collaboratively with others
- Understands the importance of developing and training others
- Is up to date with industry trends
- Demonstrates a service-excellence approach
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic; is conscientious
- Is resilient under pressure
- Understands his/her own strengths and potential areas for development
- Is an innovative thinker; can think outside the square
- Ability to work autonomously
- Computer literacy skills
- Knowledge and experience of performance measurement
- Open Drivers Licence
If you have the relevant skills and experience please include a cover letter and your resume to submit your application.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business. Position Reference Number: 102372