Working in our innovative and fast paced product team you will be responsible for the development of back-end platforms. As our Node.js developer you will be passionate about delivering working and usable applications to our customers. You will contribute to all parts of the software development process from concept design to production to post-launch support. The location for this role is 201 Sussex St, Sydney. This is a 6-month contract (daily rate).
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
Skills & Experience
- Strong REST API design, swagger experience a plus
- Experience managing multiple services and modules
- Responsible for the uptime of a production service
- Work collaboratively with other developers in the engineering team
- Experience in developing scalable applications.
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- API integration experience
- Experience in deploying NodeJS into cloud environments (AWS)
As our NodeJS Developer you will have exposure & experience with the following tech stack;
- Node, Express, Sequelize
- API development and management practices
- AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions.
We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'! We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.