#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This is a role within our Chief Underwriting Office and Specialised Risk division. The purpose of the role and unique contribution is to provide specialist 2nd line advice, oversight and challenge on digital and technology risk management practices across IAG. Supporting 2nd line Risk Advisors and other stakeholders to ensure IT risks are suitably identified and managed in a way which is aligned to required frameworks and standards.
- Provide independent specialist 2nd line oversight, challenge and advice to further mature and embed Technology/Operational Risk across the Group.
- Working collaboratively, consider and advise on digital and technology risk insights concerning group-wide exposures, risks concerning emerging technologies and industry trends
- Provide specialist advice on the design and operation of effective IT Risk controls and processes across the Group, ensuring alignment with approved Risk Appetite, including the development and maintenance of a consist set of controls and KRI'S (& RAS metrics) across the Group.
- Undertake oversight, challenge and advise across the significant Risk Profiles and work working closely with risk colleagues to develop and present a Group view of digital and technology risks.
- Advise on, and continuously monitor risk uplift and technology control remediation activity.
- Challenge the status quo by identifying, recommending and implementing changes to simplify and enhance business processes.
- Highlight areas in which the state of internal technology controls, and control * remediation activity is insufficient.
- Provide SME advice to key projects across IAG that have a material technology risk * exposure as required by Risk Advisors.
- Provide Technology & Digital Risk insights/reports concerning Group-wide exposures relating to risk and control deficiencies, remediation activities, emerging technology risks industry trends.
- Oversight the 1st line embedment of the Technology Risk Framework and adequacy of the control environment ensuring risks are clearly articulated and documented and that an adequate control environment exists.
- Proactively drive the risk culture by providing the business with pragmatic, outcome-focused technology risk advice to assist them to achieve their objectives, within the risk appetite
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience relating to technology in Financial Services experience
- Extensive skills and experience of technology risk management, include cyber security,
- Knowledge and experience in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline in first and/or second line roles
- An expert knowledge of IT governance, cyber, cloud risk, third party risk, IT service management, IT disaster recovery, data up-to-date knowledge on the relevant prudential standards, governance and privacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to translate risk theory into practical application which supports uplift in risk maturity
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across broader groups to deliver desired outcomes
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Degree or post graduate qualification in digital, technology or business would be beneficial
- Industry certification such as CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, ISACA would be advantageous
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions.
We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'! In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #LI-HS1