#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This unique role will require you to develop products and services using modern software delivery practices and techniques. Solutions delivered will empower digital development teams across our group to create and innovate at scale, ensuring they produce new products and features securely, reliably, continuously and autonomously.
To be successful in this role, you are a true technologist, firmly rooted in DevOps culture, with a strong Linux base, preferably an engineering background and experience with AWS.
- Discovering, automating, supporting and monitoring IT processes, applications and infrastructure
- You will build and support tools, products and services with an eye to flexibility, best practices, high performance and continuous improvement
- You will champion new improvements, experimentation, products and tools
- You will work across multiple technologies and clouds
- You will contribute to and develop a collaborative and agile culture
- You will cultivate practices and guidance which will ensure teams are well architected
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong learning capability; an experimenter, a researcher enthusiastic about technology and automation
- Strong understanding of networking
- Working knowledge of Artifact repository management and concepts, as well as CI/CD build/test/release jobs and pipelines
- Knowledge of reliability engineering and failure testing
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Infrastructure Coding and Development
- The ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- An understanding of Software Release Management, source repository management and a deep understanding of related concepts such as branching, merging, hooks, etc
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the following: Linux scripting and knowledge of modern containerisation concepts (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding of distributed systems (particularly microservice architecture)
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- managing software via CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with languages like Python or Java
- Commercial experience with AWS
- Familiarity with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform and Ansible considered a bonus
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions.
We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'! In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.