#CLOSER #FASTER #BRAVER
- Sydney – Head Office
- Work for Australia's Largest General Insurer
- Flexible work arrangements/ 13% superannuation
This is a great opportunity to make a genuine impact within the safety and wellbeing journey of IAG. You will bring you winning attitude and your natural ability to influence and consult with our stakeholders on all levels as a trusted advisor. You will be given the opportunity to implement new structures within our management systems, whilst ensuring and promoting our purpose of living and leading a culture of safety worldwide.
- Provide specialist health, safety and wellbeing advice, recommend strategies and solutions in line with People and Cultures tiered service delivery model – seamlessly managing escalations across tiers.
- Identify risk management opportunities and partner with business areas to develop and implement sustainable solutions.
- Develop engaging and informative communications plans and messages to promote safety culture.
- Contribute to the development and drive the delivery of the strategic Safety and Wellbeing plans at leadership and operational levels throughout IAG.
- Using a consultative and coaching approaches, brief and mentor internal stakeholders to gain business commitment for implementation of safety and wellness initiatives.
- Develop and implement programs to build manager and employee capability in safety and wellbeing to develop a strong safety culture.
Skills & Experience
- 3 – 5 years' workplace health and safety experience within a corporate environment (essential)
- Work with wellbeing initiatives, specifically around providing mentally safe workplaces and other psychology-based programmes.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of innovative and contemporary safety initiatives.
- Experience of implementing and working with management systems which drive key business actions and behaviours.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, advise and negotiate effectively with key stakeholders including management, staff and external agencies on safety issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (essential), with experiencing producing engaging materials to highlight risk management activities and initiatives (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in implementing effective change management projects.
- Experience conducting audits/assessments, support and coaching business leaders to develop and implement risk management plans. *
- Ability and willingness to travel for work purposes
- Recognised qualification in Work Helath & Safety (Certificate IV or equivalent minumum)
- Tertiary Qualifications in workplace safety or related discipline
- ICAM Incident investigation methodology training (desirable)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions.
We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'! In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.