Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage. As such, Broadspectrum have a longstanding partnership with ConnectEast and forn part of the Eastlink Alliance to service and maintain the Eastlink highway.
An exciting opportunity has presented for a suitably experienced Traffic Control Room Operator to provide control of the road and traffic operations and to ensure safe and efficient flow of traffic using modern computer control systems.
The overall objective of the role is to operate the road safely, optimise traffic flow, and minimise loss of revenue due to traffic related issues. The incumbent will be responsible for operating the Traffic Control Room systems and the adherence to processes and procedures with a 24-hour a day work environment. The incumbent will be responsible for the control of the road, tunnels and systems of Eastlink monitor and respond to alerts or incidents detected and assist with maintenance and inspection requirements.
The Successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to
- Monitor and control the operation of EastLink using defined procedures and electronic systems for traffic and plant equipment to ensure a smooth, safe and uninterrupted flow of traffic 24 hours a day.
- Detection and response to incidents from the Traffic Control Room systems and the camera network within the required KPI criteria.
- Observation in real time and, if required, initiate remedial action to traffic conditions (including cases of degraded situations) which may affect motorist safety or disrupt efficient traffic flow.
- Liaising with VicRoads, Police, Metropolitan Fire Brigade and other emergency services when required to ensure all relevant procedures / protocols are carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Assist with the scheduling, monitoring, inspections, procedures and implementation of all planned maintenance works for major repairs, improvements and upgrading, etc.
- Undertake any further training that may be required to fulfil duties.
- This position is required to maintain the operation of a 24-hour a day Control Room.
- The position is for permanent shift work involving 12 hour shifts and other shift durations if required.
- Roster is inclusive of a dedicated shift relief period and/or training duties.
- This incumbent is expected to perform a reasonable amount of overtime.
- Must be eligible to work in Australia (citizenship or visa sponsorship).
- Appointment to this position is subject to a National Police Clearance.
Your experience should include but not limited to
- Demonstrated ability to operate computer systems for the monitoring and then appropriate response to alerts generated
- Sound experience in either traffic management and/or emergency response operation using automated control systems.
- Strong decision making ability within an intense or pressured environment that would require accurate and sound judgement.
- Ability to disseminate information from multiple sources with proven experience to provide a positive outcome.
- An understanding of traffic control devices, techniques and standards.
- A good understanding of the traffic and road rules or legislation related to traffic management on high-speed freeway environments.
Please visit the Careers section of our website or click "APPLY" to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role, you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a pre-employment medical assessment.