Broadspectrum in partnership with the Mornington Peninsula Shire are seeking a Second-in-Charge Fire Manager to join their team. The objective of this role is to assist and provide support to the Team Leader in Fire Management in carrying out fire mitigation and fuel management works in bushland areas & reserves, inclusive of fuel modification works and implementation of prescribed burns. This is a great opportunity for an experienced leader who is looking for their next step in their career.
- Principle work area Fire Management.
- Ensure works are carried out with minimal disturbance to the environment and disruption to the community.
- Assist in the development and implementation of fire management works for Shire reserves, national parks, crown land, private landholders and other clients, as required. Other works assigned will also fall under this assistance.
- Assist and coordinate the day-to-day running of works, including the allocation and monitoring of works to subcontractors, and other related duties as required.
- Assist with report writing and data entry.
- Communicate and liaise with the client and their customers in a courteous, professional manner.
- Participate in safety inspections and audits.
- Adhere to all relevant legislation, technical standards and codes of practice, operational procedures, work instructions and site E.B.A.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Assist with daily programming of sites including, allocation of tasks and associated equipment.
- Delivery of works to a high standard with no defects in workmanship.
- Delivery of works in a time efficient and safe manner.
- Job Safety Analysis undertaken on all jobs that do not hold a generic JSA.
- Construction Induction Card (White Card/Red Card).
- Working with Children Check.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence (Manual), MR/HR Truck Licence.
- Level 2 Work Place First Aid Certification.
- Farm Chemical Users Certification (ACUP).
- Level 1&2 Chainsaw Certification (cross-cut, maintain and fallers)
- Level 1&2 Wildfire Certification (Crew Leader)
- Road Traffic Control Certification.
- Proven experience and/or trade/tertiary qualification Diploma or Cert IV Level in natural resource/horticulture management or related field.
- Experience in fire management.
- Demonstrated communication and organisational skills.
- Experience/ability in report writing and basic accounting.
Please visit the Careers section of our website or click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of any relevant qualifications. To be considered for this role, you will be required to undertake an Australian Federal Police Check and a pre-employment medical assessment.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.