#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
12 month fixed-term contract based in Sydney CBD
Business Risk Advisers drive connections and collaboration throughout the business to ensure risk informed, insightful and reliable conclusions are made, by bringing analytical thinking and business acumen to provide challenge and oversight within their business unit with a risk lens. Risk Advisors help scan both the internal and external environments for heightened risks, new risks and emerging risks, including evolving business models, advancements in technology and shifts in community and regulatory expectations.
This role facilitates the maturing of risk management within the business unit/s they support and delivery of risk initiatives from specialist risk functions into the business. The role is the key contact for the business unit in relation to governance, risk and compliance matters.
Through more mature risk management, business units are enabled to live the IAG Spirit and fulfil the IAG Purpose and Strategy with confidence.
Skills & Experience
• Strategic mindset; financial and business acumen; customer focus; cultivates innovation; comfortable to work with ambiguity;
• The ability to engage broadly and communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders; operates with a collaborative and outcome focused mindset
• Awareness of advancements in technology and ability to link how these interplay within Strategy and Risk
• Ideal experience within Financial Services and in particular across the value chain of general insurance operations and risk
• Demonstrates connected and interdisciplinary thinking (i.e. “across the ‘expanded' value chain”)
• Courage; confidence; self-awareness; nimble learning; strong influencer
• Undergraduate degree (Postgraduate/Masters degrees desire) or other qualifications to perform the role at a fully competent level in addition to 5-10 years business related experience
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey and join an inclusive culture that celebrates YOU!
We offer 13% superannuation, flexible work and leave options. To find out more, click Apply.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.