Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage an experienced Project Accountant to assist with the day to day operations of our Pilbara contracts.
This role will see you predominantly provide F&A support to meet finance-based service delivery demands for the contracts and be a business partner to the Contract Manager. This is a full-time position, working Monday – Friday within our East Perth office. On occasion you may be required to conduct short & sporadic travel to the Pilbara.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist the Operations Manager and Contract/Project Managers to analyse financial and project information, identifying opportunities/risks and recommending improvements.
- Plan, establish and direct the Contract/Project financial administrative activities and operational procedures to ensure profits are protected.
- Run the month end process in an efficient and timely manner, complying with time schedules as per set deadlines
- Participate in regular contract reviews with the operations team and provide required input, advice and insights into contract performance, improvement opportunities and status of initiatives.
- Complete F&A related activities including financial analysis to support operational decisions and performance, month-end close, forecasting, reporting and complex billing across allocated contract(s).
- Develop and maintain a solid and detailed knowledge of the standard end to end processes and systems, including handover points with other functions and understands differences in application of the standard processes for the contracts.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to improve processes.
- Significant people, process and systems experience in finance and operations is essential
- Qualified accountant with 8 years’ progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of large corporation position or a similar type of role that demonstrates detailed knowledge of project accounting.
- Experience in a Finance Manager position or a similar type of role that demonstrates detailed knowledge of project(s) accounting.
- Proven experience in leading teams and inspiring high levels of employee engagement.
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated analytical and financial acumen in project(s) accounting.
- Solid, detailed knowledge and experience in SAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work flexibly, able to travel and adaptively managing multiple stakeholders
- Dynamic, passionate, energetic, resilience with a positive attitude and outlook.
- Ability to manage complexity and work in a large matrix organisation.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, then please press “Apply Now”
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.