The Aroona Alliance is a partnership between Water Corporation, Suez Environment and Broadspectrum working as one team to deliver operations, maintenance and asset management for the Perth metropolitan water and wastewater production and treatment assets.
Aroona’s vision is to drive operational performance and improve the water and wastewater services through its service objectives of Zero Harm, Value for Money, People Capability, Asset Management, Information Management and Water/Wastewater compliance.
About the Role:
This is a 12 month fixed term opportunity providing a generalist Human Resources (HR) consultancy service working in partnership with the Manager People & Culture, partner company HR/IR representatives, managers, employees and other stakeholders to identify, develop and implement effective HR strategies, products, systems and solutions to enable the Alliance to achieve its business objectives.
What the role will offer:
The Senior Advisor – Human Resources is an important role developing the future capability and integral culture within the Alliance, supporting our vision, values and key service objectives. The role will be accountable for:
- Ensuring effective IR/HR policies and procedures are implemented and maintained across the business.
- Undertaking end to end recruitment and selection processes.
- Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives, ensuring alignment with Alliance targets and business objectives.
- Undertaking case management and investigations to effectively resolve conduct and performance issues.
- Providing guidance on the interpretation of enterprise agreements, employment contracts and other industrial instruments.
- Partnering with the Alliance Management Team, to review risks, trends and opportunities and providing advice and coaching to improve HR processes and practices and workplace culture.
- Facilitating workforce and succession planning, and the development and implementation of strategies to address knowledge and skills transfer across the business.
- Providing advice on change management and organisational design, supporting managers to effectively implement changes within the business.
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Considerable experience in providing human resources management services in a medium to large multi-disciplined organisation, including:
- Relevant experience in reslving employment relations workplace issues.
- Relevant experience in change management.
- Experience in facilitating training sessions and workshops
- The proven ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Ability to liaise with managers and all staff, adapting communication style and approach as appropriate.
- Strong written and report writing skills including preparation of employment contracts.
- Ability to reprioritise according to changing demands, showing acceptance and resilience in times of change and stress.
- Demonstrated computing skills, with Microsoft suite of systems and a strong capability to learn and apply the Alliance’s suite of business computing applications.
- Prior experience and/or knowledge in end to end recruitment and selection processes.
- Proven ability to participate as a member of a team to enhance business capability as well as work independently.
- Ability to lead and uphold the values and behaviours that contribute to a constructive, high performance and safety culture.
- Degree level qualification in a human resources management, business or related discipline.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please click the link above and submit an updated CV and covering letter addressing the above criteria to support your application.
Applications close: 1/5/19
*We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace:
Through our Equity and Diversity Management Plan Aroona Alliance is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace of the future.
We understand that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions only strengthen our workforce and are recognised and valued.
We encourage applications supporting our key priority communities - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women and youth.
For people with disability, we are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment enabling full participation in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments.