#Closer #Braver #Faster
- Sydney or Melbourne location options
- Full time permanent role
The Commercial Pricing Analyst role will play an integral part in the success of the Commercial, Complex & Specialty Pricing team. The role will be responsible for identifying opportunities to drive profitable growth through our portfolios, using a unique pricing and analysis skillset overlayed with commercial judgement. This will involve balancing volume and price to achieve an ‘optimised' pricing outcome.
In this role, you will be working closely with other team members and Portfolio Managers to develop the appropriate book price positions. All while demonstrating Closer, Braver, Faster and lived by the values of our spirit.
- Implement the approach to recognise, anticipate and resolve pricing issues and strategies in the commercial, complex and specialty segments.
- Support Portfolio Managers with insights into key segments that are driving material trends in performance.
- Provide recommendations on pricing actions to deliver results against margin and growth targets.
- Maintain and update key internal and external pricing data sources to ensure confidence in data integrity for the Commercial portfolios.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant undergraduate degree or post-graduate qualification in Actuarial, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field.
- 2+ years technical pricing and machine learning experience within general insurance portfolios.
- Knowledge of key programs and analysis tools e.g. SAS, SQL, Radar, Tableau, Cognos etc.
- Ability to manage complexity and have the flexibility of approach, being able to stay focused when directions change.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with a focus on quality.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships and effective participation.
- Membership of the Institute of Actuaries. (Desired)
Click ‘Apply' and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition!
Make sure to discuss all internal applications with your current manager before applying. Please note, your eligibility for release on secondment opportunities is dependent on approval from your current manager.
Should your application proceed to reference check stage, your current manager will be contacted.