Administration Coordinator role with variety and ownership! You will be working for Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) and be a core part of a small, high-performing team.
- Full time 12 month role based in Redfern - a short walk from train and buses
- Hard working, high performing team in a bright, central office
- A role with variety, autonomy, development and responsibility
Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) is a not for profit, registered charity operating crisis refuges, outreach and support services in the inner city and inner west. We provide safe spaces for women and families impacted by the effects of homelessness, domestic and family violence and social disadvantage and create enduring change in times of crisis through access to safety, housing and support.
WAGEC prides itself on its supportive and hardworking team environment and dynamic workplace culture and values the contribution of every team member.
Our vision is for a safe future for all women and families.
The WAGEC Administration Coordinator is responsible for a broad cross section of administrative activities that ensure the smooth and effective management of the office. Wearing many hats, in a role full of variety, you’ll be a self-starter, super organized, with a high attention to detail and a true “people person”.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing all WAGEC’s general administration tasks of the central support office, including providing administration support to the CEO, Client Services Managers and Fundraising Coordinator
- Provide human resources administration, invoicing, and contracts and compliance timetable and regulatory compliance
- Manage WAGEC’s properties ensuring adherence to all contractual and regulatory responsibilities relating to leases and statutory processes
- Coordinate the reporting and scheduling of repairs, maintenance and minor procurements at WAGEC properties
- Manage small ongoing projects independently
- Compile reports for managers
- Schedule and coordinate events, activities, and corporate volunteering days
- Coordinate incoming donations logistics including drop-off times, redistributing donations to various WAGEC properties, sorting donated items.
- Establish, improve and design administrative frameworks, policies and procedures to improve the running of the office
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in a similar role essential (experience in a NFP or small business environment desirable)
- Strong project coordination experience
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Office Suite of products
- Ability to apply sound judgment and confidentially manage sensitive information
- Excellent customer service skills that can be applied to various internal and external stakeholders
- Autonomous self-starter; who will proactively drive tasks to completion with limited guidance
- Flexible, positive attitude; willingness to get involved in day to day big and small
- Experience being the go-to person in a small team
- Experience in property or facilities management desirable
Value add for you:
- 38hr working week
- Salary sacrifice/packaging option
- Amazing workplace culture
View the full position description here.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume. If you have any further questions please contact Elise Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0432 397 572.
Being a woman is a genuine requirement of this role under Section 126A of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
The closing date is COB Friday 31st May 2019