The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to manage IAG'S responsible business activities to position us as a leader in Sustainability Development.
Building on IAG's achievements, you will lead the execution of key business programs from leading IAG's non-financial reporting via annual reporting, DJSI, CDP etc and thinking outside of the box to implement our Future of Disclosure program. You will support the business on key social elements including but not limited to Human Rights, Responsible Sourcing and the Modern Slavery Legislative requirements. Coaching and mentoring a direct report, you will work closely in an innovative, agile team as we continue to drive IAG as a recognised leader in the field.
- Support Executive Manager Responsible Business in the development and execution of IAG's responsible business approach, ensuring alignment to IAG's strategy, Safer Communities framework and respective public positions and policies, while maintaining regional leadership
- Drive IAG's non-financial disclosures through our Annual Review , Annual Report, DJSI, CDP, FTSE4Good, PRI and various other reporting requirements
- Report against goals and targets and develop IAG's measurement and reporting capability to support decision making and value creation, including measures of value such as cost savings, revenue generation and reputation
- Engage with IAG's business divisions on key social initiatives to ensure ownership e.g. Human rights, supply chain, employee engagement, WHS etc.
- Manage IAG's Safer Communities Measure including alignment to Balanced Score Card, collection of data and dynamic reporting of ongoing value creation
- Support IAG's work on our commitments to the UNEP Principles for Responsible Investment and Principles for Sustainable Insurance, and associated reporting under these programs. Manage external partnerships that support IAG's RB approach e.g. BCSD Australia, GBCA
- Recommend approaches and manage disclosure and transparency in Responsible Business and ESG to maintain leadership position, including commitments to the UNEP Principles for Sustainable Insurance, UNPRI, Annual Review, DJSI, CDP etc.
- Manage the external sustainability assurance process, which includes assurance over IAG's application of the GRI Principles, as well as assurance over selected environment, customer, workforce and community indicators
- Implement engaging and innovative ways to communicate IAG's safer communities and sustainability strategy and programs, both internally and externally
Skills & Experience
- Proven technical and functional experience related to working in sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, Community partnerships, ESG and shared value
- Experience managing processes and measurement systems to manage environmental and social issues facing large corporate
- Strong storytelling - written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building authentic working relationships with senior business leaders
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
- Previous people leadership experience highly desirable
- Tertiary qualification/s in Environmental Science, Corporate Sustainability, or related business fields
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.