Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage a Leading Firefighter. This position will see you located at RAAF Base East Sale, in a full time rostered position within a well-established team.
- To maintain an effective operational readiness in accordance with the relevant Certified Agreements and Modern Awards
- Perform the role and duties of a Leading Fire-fighter as directed by the Station Officer.
- Follow all safe work method statements in the delivery of operational outputs for the Fire and Rescue Service.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies in accordance with contractually required timeframes.
- Monitor radio communications as required.
- Undertake any administrative duties associated with the delivery of the Fire and Rescue Service in accordance with requirements and second tasking.
- Participate in training and development activities in accordance with current competency and qualification requirements of the role
- Promote Broadspectrum philosophies by striving for best practice through continuous improvements
- Work towards gaining the required qualifications to operate as a Station Officer when required.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience:
In order to be considered for this role it is mandatory you have the following minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 48 months as a paid firefighter within the fire and rescue industry
- In accordance with Appendix ‘A’ of the Broadspectrum VIC and UFU Fire & Rescue Certified Agreement 2017
- Completed all level 1, 2 and 3 Public Safety Units
- Completed all Qualified Firefighter Public Safety Units
- Completed all Qualified Firefighter with Leading Firefighter Qualifications Public Safety Units
- PUAFIR305B Respond to Aviation Incidents (General)
- PUAFIR205B Respond to Aviation Incidents (Specialist)
- Heavy Vehicle Drivers Licence
Note: The above qualifications can be supplied upon request.
- A proven track record for performance and professionalism within the fire industry
- A strong focus on team orientation
- You must be an Australian Citizen and able to maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance.
- Be part of a long term Defence contract
- Competitive remuneration package
- Employee discount scheme
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 105264