Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career.
Reporting to the National HSE Manager (or Principal HSE Manager) the position objective of the role is to partner with contracts/projects within their designated area, providing leadership, advice and support for compliance and operational excellence in health, safety and environmental matters and to coach and mentor operational staff in the development and application of their Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) knowledge on and off the job. The person we are looking for will have demonstrated leadership behaviours with a focus on collaboration and cooperation, challenge and integrity and a passion and energy for HSE performance in business and the engagement of people, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and personal presentation.
- Continuing improvement in HSE Lagging and Leading indicators that evidence a successful and healthy work place culture
- Clear linkage exists and is visible between the Broadspectrum strategies and plans and their respective project/contract/site plans.
- The implementation and/or completion of the HSE activities highlighted in the respective plans.
- Evidence of a developing HSE culture and knowledge growth in their respective contracts and sites.
- Completion of investigations within required timeframes and quality as defined by company procedures.
- Improvement in Investigation findings (root causes identified) and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Successful completion of HSE process verifications and audit programs across their projects/contracts.
- Role modeling of the Broadspectrum Values and HSE behaviors at all times.
- Completion of training in alignment with a personal development and/or learning needs plan.
- Participation as required, to see that audits completed on time in accordance with schedule.
- Domestic travel will be required.
Key Experiences & Skills:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Construction or related is advantageous
- Diploma or Cert IV in OHS or significant exposure to HSE and its effective implementation
- Environmental Management certification or awareness
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Construction industry experience
- Valid Driver’s Licence Class 1
- A medium level of computer literacy (Internet, MS Office Applications, Database Management, Document Control)
- Relevant qualifications and certifications in OHS related activities
- Negotiation and conflict resolution training
- Construction industry induction (White card)
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
If this sounds like you please click apply include your cover letter and resume for this fantastic opportunity!
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 105277