#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This role sits within the Customer Engagement team of our Customer Labs Digital Division. The purpose of this team is to deliver customer-focused, high business value initiatives in the CRM and digital self-service space.
A Scrum Master will improve team performance (velocity, quality, efficiency), drive agile culture to improve staff engagement and motivation and help ensure the team are focused on delivering valuable software.
This role is responsible for the uplift of the agile capability and through constant improvement, monitoring and team collaboration shall enable the team to work efficiently and deliver quality outcomes.
This is a 12 months Fixed Term Opportunity based in our Sydney CBD office
- Cultivate high performing teams with a happy, motivated agile culture
- Facilitation/co-facilitation of Agile rituals, story elaboration/walkthroughs and workshops
- Continuously monitors the team throughout the sprint to confirm that the team is on target to complete the planned tasks
- Uses technical as well as functional knowledge to remove roadblocks within the standing team as well as identifying technical risks (e.g. risks with architecture, design, patterns, performance, etc.)
- Communicates obstacles requiring outside resolution
- Iteration planning, backlog grooming, stand-ups, retrospectives, showcases
- Effort estimates with team to support release, iteration and project forecasting/ funding processes
- Continuously improves iteration management capabilities by identifying best practices, adopting consistent, standard work & coaching/pairing across teams
- Communicate with dependent projects as to standing teams' activities & progress, supporting program/project risk mitigation, issue escalation & status reporting
- Drive team performance by eliminating waste & fostering an environment of continuous improvement; including facilitating decision making & protecting team from outside forces & distractions
- Work closely with the Product Owner(s) during sprints including discussions around designs, prioritisation and product demonstrations
Skills & Experience
- Over 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master/Iteration within agile cross-functional delivery teams
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a Business Analyst
- Ability to produce functional and non-functional requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience working with product owners or product teams
- Ability to understand team dynamics and have experience applying that knowledge to create high performing teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience, with the ability to engage at all levels of an organisation.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge in test automation
- Understanding of Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development methodologies (TDD and BDD)
- Prior exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Willing and able to jump into different roles to get things done (QA/ user experience)
- Understanding of Insurance and/or Financial Service industries would be desirable
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.