Broadspectrum are an operations, maintenance and services organisation operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, and property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business, offering a dynamic and challenging environment with a breadth of risk profile rarely found in a single organisation.
Broadspectrum are currently looking to engage a Data Engineer on a fulltime basis. This position will see you working at Defence Base within the metropolitan area of Adelaide, Perth or Melbourne within a well-established Performance & Innovation team.
As a Data Engineer your duties will include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other data technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer requirements, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders including the Reporting and UX lead and General Managers to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for data analytics team and operational managers that assist them in building and optimising our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Skills and Experience
In addition to your formal qualifications and experience, we seek to employ people who will succeed in this role and possess:
- An ability to successfully engaging stakeholders from various levels of the business
- 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Experience of contract management and quality management systems is advantageous
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Consultancy background preferred but not mandatory
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, apply now.
You must be an Australian citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defence Security Clearance to apply.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 105296