Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
Broadspectrum has recently been awarded a large contract at BHP Olympic Dam, and is looking for Project Engineers seeking their next opportunity to grow and build a core delivery team at Roxby Downs. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall management, performance and continuous improvement of both surface and underground work scopes.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Coordinate and deliver project tenders, including the development of work method statements, schedule and estimate
- Ability to challenge and input to tender estimates
- Monitor and track tender submissions and upcoming projects
- Support Schedulers, Superintendents and supervisors to complete constructability review resulting in project implementation efficiency
- Maintain regular interaction with BHP Project representative, mitigating project risk through applying the updated project risk register in planning phase of project lifecycle across all desired outcomes)
- Monitor the execution of the quality assurance program for conformance to project requirements
- Manage identification, evaluation, submission, management, reporting and close out of all project related Technical Queries, Variations and Non-Conformance Reports.
- Ensure consistent methodology of engineering processes applied across all projects.
- Maintain a high level understanding of where all allocated projects are performing against phased milestones and estimate at any given time in the project lifecycle
- Review and familiarise with project documentation to be prepared to be consulted for any construction related questions
- Build Construction Work packs and make changes where necessary
- Complete site inspection prior to and after project completion. Then prepare and present a Punch list to the Supervisor and Superintendent for actioning. Advise scheduler of outstanding items.
- Ensure all assigned project(s) are appropriately recorded in the mandatory Project Controls system. Regularly maintain Project Controls database with project status and progress.
- Review and ensure Construction Reports and Progress Reports are accurately completed and submitted as required to project files and required stakeholders.
- Prepare project closeout reports and forward to the Construction Manager for review.
- Ensure all project related documentation is completed and submitted in line with contract requirements.
- Report of all non-conforming work and/or supplies to Manager to allow accurate non-conforming cost statement to be prepared;
- Assist with quality system audits and compliance;
- Liaise with the QA Coordinator to ensure work is performed in accordance with procedures and client specifications.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Current drivers’ licence
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Completion or willingness to complete a Project Manager Qualification
- Has experience with Project Management Methodology
- Competent user of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint Visio and Outlook.
- Primavera P6 experience (advantageous)
- Hard Dollar experience (desirable)
- Proven Quality Assurance knowledge
- Proven Experience in Permit to Work (PTW) procedures
- Good knowledge of HSE systems and procedures
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong IT, verbal and written skills
This role will offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills and be an integral part of building a business and contract within Broadspectrum. Please click ‘APPLY’ and follow the prompts to lodge your CV and supporting documents in application for this role.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.