Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
Broadspectrum has recently been awarded a large contract at BHP Olympic Dam and is looking for an experienced Project Control Coordinator seeking their next opportunity to grow and build a core delivery team at Roxby Downs. The successful applicant will be responsible for the contract oversite of project control activities, systems and project reporting inclusive of financial, commercial and scheduling. This is to support and ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and ensuring HSE, efficiency and Quality goals and objectives are met and maintained. This role is based in Adelaide, with occasional travel to site as required.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to;
- Support and input into tender development, including schedule and estimate input, and work method statement development
- Ensure all work is completed safely, efficiently and to the highest quality standards.
- Planning and Scheduling – Work with the Project Scheduler to ensure that plans and schedules are updated;
- Scope and Variation management and approval – Track project development (initial scope and variations) and assist Project Managers in seeking approvals when required;
- Cost Estimation, Management and approval – Assist Project Managers by monitoring project development and cost approval processes to advise on approval or scope and costing;
- Supplier performance (time, cost, quality & milestone achievement) – Collect data provided by Project Managers on supplier performance issues;
- Reporting (Progress, lead and lag, KPI’s) – Ensure that data is available to support thorough and evidence-based reporting against project performance requirements;
- Document Control and Record Processes – Receive, review, file and control data associated with the delivery of project works;
- Document Control and Record Processes – Effectively maintain project files on both the Broadspectrum network and clients;
- Interface with Client Project Controls Group;
- Supplier performance (time, cost, quality & milestone achievement) – Report up on issues related to milestone slippage or delivery threat for Management intervention;
- Handover / takeover – Work with Project Managers to facilitate hand over / take over meetings and ensure that records are completed and available within the various project files;
- Finance & Billing – Assist the Project Management Team in the preparation for billing for works performed; &
- Defects and Liability – Work with the Project deliver team to ensure that Defects and Liability issues are managed appropriately.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Relevant tertiary/trade based qualification
- Experience using SAP, P6 and other Project Control Systems.
- High Level MS Office (MS Word / Excel / Outlook) skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management/organisational skills.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- An ability to interact effectively with technical staff, subcontractors and Client representatives.
This role will offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills and be an integral part of building a business and contract within Broadspectrum. Please click ‘APPLY’ and follow the prompts to lodge your CV and supporting documents in application for this role.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.