Broadspectrum is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a complex and evolving business offering the high profile projects, large-scale challenges and tailored support you need to achieve on the global stage.
Broadspectrum has recently been awarded a large contract at BHP Olympic Dam and is looking for an experienced Project Scheduler seeking their next opportunity to grow and build a core delivery team at Roxby Downs. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, scheduling, resourcing, progress monitoring and performance assessment and reporting support to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and ensuring HSE, efficiency and Quality goals and objectives are met and maintained on BRS and BHP sites. This role is based in Adelaide, with occasional travel to site as required.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to;
- Support and input into tender development, including schedule and estimate input, and work method statement development
- Ensure all work is completed safely, efficiently and to the highest quality standards.
- Develop and maintain a project specific planning, scheduling, progress and performance management system for the delivery of multiple projects within the Program of Works
- Identify and/or assist in the development of the Scope of Work to be planed and scheduled
- Interact with all project participants to gather scope, logistics, and constraints to be included within the plan and schedule.
- Develop detailed WBS and Activity Coding Structure within Projects to allow for correct level of reporting for project and program.
- Prepare Project specific P6 schedules including resources, hours, critical path and execution logic.
- Resource and/or cost load all activities within the plan and schedule.
- Optimize resource utilization through resource levelling and analysis within Project and program schedules.
- Prepare a Master Program Schedule for all projects to be delivered within the Program of Works
- Monitor and report on the progress and performance of all phases of the Program delivery, including design, procurement, construction and completion of each project or program of work.
- Prepare schedules and reports reflecting the progress, performance and risk issues associated with the Project and Program delivery, including team responsibilities and consultant services agreements, supply agreements and subcontract agreements
- Assist in project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting activities in a project/program environment.
- Proactively identify, interpret and highlight risk and initiate action to prevent impacts to schedule adherence to plan.
- Accurate detail and record information in regards to all correspondence concerning project extensions of time and variations
- Lead, schedule and review meetings with all Project Participants to ensure proper logic, prioritization, resource utilization, logistics and constraints are properly represented within the Plan and Schedule.
- Coordinate with the client for regular progress and performance reports on client-related activities.
- Undertake analysis of program schedule to identify critical milestones and lead-times to support project managers in achieving project schedules.
- Provide project specific program data to PPM staff for project delivery plans, tender evaluations, progress updates or as required
- Ensure all projects issued are correctly loaded into P6
- Work with project personnel to ensure progress status of weekly completions report / commentary is accurate
- Complete once off custom data and monthly reporting as required
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Experience using SAP, P6 and other Project Control Systems.
- High Level MS Office (MS Word / Excel / Outlook) skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management/organisational skills.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
- An ability to interact effectively with technical staff, subcontractors and Client representatives.
This role will offer you the opportunity to grow and develop your skills and be an integral part of building a business and contract within Broadspectrum. Please click ‘APPLY’ and follow the prompts to lodge your CV and supporting documents in application for this role.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.