Broadspectrum has an opportunity available for a Human Resources Advisor on our Allwater JV. Broadspectrum and Suez have teamed together as Allwater - an internationally experienced team that combines operating and technical excellence on a global scale within the Water and Wastewater Industry. Together with our Alliance partner Allwater is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater networks and associated assets throughout the Adelaide metropolitan area.
We are seeking a qualified HR Advisor for the Allwater’s People Safety & Culture (PS&C) team providing hands on support to our People Managers across various sites in metro Adelaide. The role will suit an experienced HR Advisor with skills as a HR all-rounder, including recruitment function, and working with a blue-collar workforce. With operational sites across metro Adelaide, regular travel to support our operational managers is required.
The successful candidate will deliver of a wide range of HR support to our People Managers and Employees; being responsible for applying well-developed HR coordination skills to ensure that a quality service and support is delivered across the workforce. Simultaneously this role will assist with the implementation of HR initiatives and programs while delivering high-quality services to stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be tertiary qualified in HR discipline, have proven experience in Water Industry in a fast paced, dynamic environment and a friendly approach and with great communication skills. You will need the ability to quickly build rapport in variety of situations and have a strong customer commitment to deliver outcomes. You will have exceptional time management skills as well as the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload and timeframes to ensure that deadlines are met. Finally, your professional behaviour and committed work ethic will demonstrate your ability to consistently achieve high standards with utmost integrity.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- Extensive experience in interpreting EAs, Awards and Policies and applying in complex situations on range of issues
- Operational experience across the employee lifecycle (hire to retire) and HR annual processes;
- Skilled in managing complaints, grievance investigations and disciplinary matters
- Practised in managing the escalation of issues to ensure a best practice approach
- Proficient in coaching people managers in techniques and practices to achieve engaged and capable teams
- Experienced in building a responsive and engaged culture through employee engagement initiatives
- Skilled in end to end recruitment and selection; including but not limited to administrative support in preparation of contracts of employment, amendments, maintenance of employment files, probation records, etc
- Previous experience in implementation, maintenance and training of HR tools and systems
- HR reporting and metric reporting to support strategies
- Facilitation skills to deliver workshops on Soft Skills and HR related processes across all levels of business
- Track record of devising HR improvements and innovations to bring efficiencies
Competencies and Qualifications required:
- HR Business Advisor with extensive experience in blue collar employee relations in Construction & Maintenance and Trades
- Prior experience in Water industry or similar Utilities environment with strong operational focus
- Previous experience with Water Industry Award combined with strong working knowledge of FWA
- Experienced negotiating EAs in blue collar environment in Water or Utilities industry
- Confident facilitator of HR workshops
- Experience in working in complex JV / project environs with multiple stakeholders
- Competent in Access Database; as creator and user
- Experienced in Customer-centric approach
- Degree qualified in Human Resource Management
- Cert lV Training and Assessment preferable
- Experienced in Change management methodology advantageous
- Able to identify and flag potential issues before escalation
- Responsive and efficient, with timely and accurate first level advice
- Effective in developing rapport and solid working relationships across the business
- Produce quality outcomes for assigned responsibilities
- Ability to remain composed during difficult situations and challenging conversations
- Insightful, calm and confident nature whilst working in a busy and reactive environment
- Helpful and positive attitude with the desire to go above and beyond, with a proactive ‘can do’ approach
- Commitment to delivering a trusted experience to our employees with quality outcomes and efficiencies
- Organised with strong time management skills, managing multiple tasks and stakeholders with conflicting priorities and defined deadlines
- Personal commitment to working safely and contributing to a safe working environment for all
This is a demanding and fast paced operational environment with a unionised workforce and the role requires maturity and experience in aspects of the HR function.
Register your interest by way of cover letter and CV detailing experience against the Competencies and Qualifications by Friday, 14 June 2019.
Please note; current unrestricted driver’s license is essential and a background police check will be undertaken for all short-listed candidates. People who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.