AustralianSuper is for all Australians and businesses; we put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome. More than 2.2 million members trust us to invest more than $155 billion on their behalf.
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we’re happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Here’s where you come in…
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking Platform Solutions Delivery Manager for a 6 month contract, who will be responsible for coordinating and managing components of the department’s change agenda, with a particular focus on data projects, from project and initiative ideation through to deployment of new processes and capability into the Investment team. Reporting to the Manager, Platform Solutions Delivery this role represents an outstanding opportunity to help to support the Investment Platforms & Technology Services Management team to deliver key investment projects and initiatives that enhance capability, platforms & services.
- Ensure that new capabilities conform to the principles defined by the Investment Architecture Design Authority framework and are deployed in a manner which consistent with (and contributes to) the target state operating model
- Plan, monitor, control and deliver one or more projects of potentially high impact, high complexity, high risk and/or high value. For the Operational Data Store (ODS) project specifically this will include developing, scheduling and monitoring ODS work packages with internal and external stakeholders to maximise agreed capacity (points) per monthly release cycles
- Monitor and control project progress, including taking corrective action where risks or issues are identified to ensure the project delivers to the approved plan and meets the agreed criteria for scope, cost and quality.
- Work closely with the team’s technology functions to ensure that technology considerations/activities are built into project plans and are managed effectively,
- Prepare and provide updates to governance and senior management forums on the progress of projects & initiatives and their contribution to the change agenda of the Investment Department
- An inclusive, collaborative and engaging approach; including the ability to consult, facilitate, negotiate and influence with a broad range of people at all levels;
- Broad Investment Operations &/or Front Office experience within the Funds Management Sector;
- Ability to work in highly pressured and complex project environments, managing multiple internal and external dependencies;
- Proven facilitation skills and capable of managing group dynamics that lead to the effective facilitation, guidance and negotiation of successful outcomes;
- Experience in agile, waterfall and hybrid delivery methodologies;
- Able to synthesize detailed information and confidently present to senior stakeholders;
- Knowledge of working with and understanding Investment Data concepts (Books of record, asset class (e.g. Equities, Fixed Income), security master, market data landscape etc.)
- Preference given to candidates that have recently project managed within an investment manager, custodian or bank treasury sector.
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.