AustralianSuper is for all Australians and businesses; we put members first in everything we do with the goal of helping to create the best possible retirement outcome. More than 2.2 million members trust us to invest more than $155 billion on their behalf.
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we’re happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Here’s where you come in…
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are seeking Manager, Technology Risk and Compliance who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining appropriate, best practice compliance and risk policies, frameworks and processes to ensure compliance with our technology mandates. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance this role represents an outstanding opportunity to help to ensure risk is managed in accordance with the Fund’s Risk Management Framework.
- Assist in developing and improving IT process and capability maturity. Support, lead by example and advocate change in line with Technology Services and Fund strategy;
- Ensure risk is managed in accordance with the Fund’s Risk Management Framework including risk identification and management, risk profiling, risk reporting and incident management. Proactively encourage the identification and reporting of key risks, incidents and findings, and development of action plans;
- Oversee assurance activities and control functions across Technology and ensure they are operating effectively;
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on good practice and control;
- Assist in ensuing that appropriate education and training is designed and implemented for Technology staff, including new regulations that may impact their roles and responsibilities;
- Implement strong risk controls on processes, policies and systems to ensure breaches are limited; actively build and promote a Technology department-wide culture of compliance and risk management awareness and appreciation;
- Assist with risk management activities including monitoring, reporting and providing input into Audit reports and management response.
- 10+ years’ experience in IT management and/or risk management, ideally working in the Financial Services, Investment Management and / or Superannuation areas
- 5+ years experience in a leadership position
- Hands on experience with at least one of; Cloud, Technology Operations, Security or Systems Development Lifecycle methodologies and controls
- Broad skills and experience across IT risk management
- Significant project / delivery management experience
- Proven ability to contribute to strategic initiatives
- Strong understanding of compliance regulations
- Strong knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks
- Strong communication/presentation skills and ability to influence
- Regulated industry experience, ideally in financial services
We believe embracing diversity in thought and perspective helps introduce new and better ways of doing business, delivering better outcomes for our members. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit members, please apply now!
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.